Soham Grammar School.
Results of the Examinations held by the Science & Art Dept, 1899.
( A ) Science Subjects.
1. Practical Plane & Solid Geometry
1st Class. A. L. James, J. L. Edmunds, W. James, 2 Failed.
2. Theoretical Inorganic Chemistry, ( Elementary Stage ).
1st Class. A. L. James, C. E. Wilson, W. James,
2nd Class. A. E. Edmunds, J. L. Edmunds, 1 Failed.
3. Mathematics, ( Stages 1, 2 & 3 ).
2nd Class. W. James, J. L. Edmunds, J. Mann, 3 Failed.
( B ) Art Subjects.
1. Model Drawing ( Elementary ).
1st Class. J. W. Palmer, J. L. Edmunds, R. G. Bellenger,
2nd Class. P. G. V. Leprunier, 1 Failed.
2. Model Drawing ( Advanced ).
1st Class. J. Mann,
2nd Class. W. James, C. E. Wilson, A. L. James.
3. Freehand Drawing ( Elementary ).
1st Class. H. Markwell, J. L. Edmunds,
2nd Class, J. W. Palmer, R. G. Bellenger, 6 Failed.
4. Freehand Drawing ( Advanced ).
1st Class. J. Mann, W. James, C. E. Wilson, A. L. James,
Under the Supplementary Scheme described in our issue for August 1898 , The County Council has appointed the Rev. J. Hancock & Mr H. Butcher to be Representative Governors, and Mr Austin Keen to be a Governor for the purposes of the Technical Education Act.
source: www.sohamroots.co.uk and reproduced with their permission